Leap Card Dublin
Leap Card is available to use on Bus Éireann’s services in the Greater Dublin Area offering customers a cheaper, flexible and more convenient way to travel on these services and other Leap enabled public transport services. Leap cards can be used on Bus Éireann commuter services in the Greater Dublin Area. Simply buy your Leap Card, top it up with travel credit or purchase a 1 day or 7 days ticket and away you go!
A €5 refundable deposit is charged for leap cards. You must also top up with a minimum of €5 Travel Credit at the time of the first purchase. You can top up from payzones all around the Greater Dublin Area or from www.leapcard.ie. Please note if you top up online you will need to pick up your top up at a load location.
Adult Leap Card
The Adult Leap Card can be used by a person of any age, although adult fares will be applied, so it is advised that children get a Child Leap Card. A €5 fully refundable deposit is charged for Adult Leap Cards. When buying your Leap Card you must also top it up with a minimum of €5 Travel Credit.
Adult Personalised Leap Card
Adult personalised Leap Cards have your name and photograph printed on the face of the card. They work in the same way as regular adult Leap Cards. In the future, once monthly and annual tickets are available on Leap Cards you’ll be able to load these tickets on your Adult Personalised card. A €5 fully refundable deposit is charged for Adult Personalised Leap Cards. When buying your Adult Personalised Leap Card you must also top it up with a minimum of €5 Travel Credit.
Child Leap Fares
Children under sixteen years of age, who are in possession of a non-personalised Child Leap Card 4 -15 Years and children under nineteen years of age, who are in possession of a Personalised Child Leap Card 16 – 18 Years, may avail of Leap child fares where available on designated Leap-enabled services.
Schoolchild Leap Fare
Children under sixteen years of age, who are in possession of a non-personalised Child Leap Card 4 -15 Years and children under nineteen years of age, who are in possession of a Personalised Child Leap Card 16 – 18 Years, may avail of the Schoolchild Leap single fare on city services during the specified school term hours.
Student Leap Fares
Leap Single, 24 Hour Rolling and 7 Day Rolling products are issued at discounted student Leap fares, where available on Leap-enabled services, to students aged nineteen years and above who are in possession of a valid Leap Student Travelcard.
Students aged under nineteen years, who are in possession of a Personalised Child Leap card 16-18 Years, may avail of discounted Child Leap fares.
This works just like phone credit. You top it up and then the cost of the fare or tickets is deducted from your balance every time you travel. You can use Travel Credit to get a 20% discount on the adult standard single fare.
*Please note, Travel Credit cannot be used to purchase Adult single fares on Route 100x DAP- Drogheda-Dundalk and Route 101 DAP – Balbriggan – Drogheda.
|24 Hours||7 Day|
- Go to the driver and ask for a single ticket to your destination and inform them you are buying your ticket using Leap Card Travel Credit.
- Hold your Leap Card to the target on the driver’s ticket machine and the correct fare will be deducted from your Travel Credit.
1 day or 7 day tickets
- Go to the driver and tell them which of the above tickets you want to purchase e.g. 7 day Red.
- Hold your Leap Card to the target on the driver’s ticket machine. The cost of the ticket will then be deducted from the balance on your Leap Card and the ticket will be uploaded to your Leap Card.
- To use the ticket there and then, put your Leap Card back on the target on the driver’s ticket machine.
- When you take your next journey, simply place your leap card on the target on the driver’s ticket machine. If you purchase a ticket through a Payzone agent before you board the bus, then only steps 3 & 4 apply.
You can view your balance on the ticket machine on board the bus or ask the driver. If you register your card at online, you can also view your balance on you online account.