- School Transport Applications for Primary & Post Primary Pupils
- Changes to Post Primary School Transport Scheme
- School Transport Online Payments
- School Transport Refund Applications
- Travel Ticket Replacement Form
- Contact Bus Éireann School Transport Offices
School Transport Scheme- Annual Ticket Charges 2012/2013
There are two payment options available for 2012/13 school year.
The amount due may be paid in full (100%) on or before the deadline date of 27th July 2012 in which case an Annual Ticket for the full school year will be issued.
Alternatively 50% of the amount due can be paid by the deadline date of 27th July 2012 and a ticket valid for travel to 21st Dec 2012 will be issued. The balance (50%) due will be invoiced in November and must be paid by 7th December 2012 and a further ticket, valid for travel up to the end of the school year will be issued.
Please note that only 50% or 100% payment will be accepted in respect of pupils from the same family. It is not possible to pay 50% for one pupil and 100% for another listed under the same Family ID Number.
School Transport Online Payments
Bus Éireann is pleased to offer an online payment facility for school transport tickets that is convenient and easy to use. You will need your latest Bus Eireann invoice details in order to make an online payment.
- Enter your family ID and PIN; both numbers are on the invoice you received from Bus Éireann.
- You may pay by means of VISA, MasterCard or LASER
- You will receive an email confirming details of your transaction.
Tickets for fully eligible pupils will be posted out in early August and tickets for concessionary catchment boundary and ineligible pupils will be posted out when spare seats are allocated at a later date.
If you have a query with a School Transport Online Transaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Family ID Number which can be found on your invoice.
School Transport Applications for Primary & Post Primary Pupils
Bus Éireann are pleased to offer an online application system for School Transport for primary & post primary pupils for the 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 school years. The deadline date for the receipt of applications for the school year 2013/2014 is Friday, 26 April 2013. All applications received before the deadline date will be dealt with on an equal basis irrespective of when the application was made. A list of schools is available here. Please consult this list and obtain the roll number for your school before proceeding to the application page.
Please click here to submit an online application.
Alternatively School Transport application forms 2012/2013 are available to download. Completed forms should be returned to Bus Éireann.
Completed School Transport application forms for 2013/2014 should be returned to Bus Éireann no later than Friday, 26 April 2013.
Cliceáil anseo chun an fhoirm iarratais Scéim Iompair Scoile 2012/2013 a íoslódáil.
APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSPORT FOR PUPILS WITH SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS ARISING FROM A DIAGNOSED DISABILITY SHOULD BE MADE THROUGH THE NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION.
Changes to Post Primary School Transport Scheme
Changes Introduced for the 2011/12 school year
A number of changes to the Post Primary School Transport Scheme came into effect from the beginning of this school year (2011/12). Included in these changes is an increase to ten in the minimum number of eligible pupils from a distinct locality, as determined by Bus Éireann, required to establish/retain a school transport service. The annual charge per pupil was increased to €350 but the family maximum remains at €650 per annum. Eligible pupils holding valid medical cards (GMS Scheme) continue to be exempt from paying this charge.
Changes to be introduced for the next school year (2012/13)
From the commencement of the 2012/13 school year, the use of the Catchment Boundary Area (CB) System as a means of determining eligibility will cease for all pupils newly entering post primary school.
- From the 2012/13 school year, school transport eligibility for all pupils newly entering a post primary school will be determined by reference to the distance they reside from their nearest Post-Primary Education Centre having regard to ethos and language.
- To be considered eligible for school transport, pupils must reside 4.8 kilometres or more from and be attending their nearest Post-Primary Education Centre, as determined by the Department and Bus Éireann, having regard to ethos and language.
- Pupils who are not eligible for school transport, under the above criteria, may apply for concessionary transport subject to a number of terms and conditions. These concessionary pupils will not be exempt from paying the annual charge nor will they count for the establishment or retention of a service.
School Transport Refund Applications
Travel Ticket Replacement Form
School Transport Travel Ticket Replacement Form’s are available here
Cliceáil anseo chun an fhoirm D’athsholáthar Ceadúnas Taistil a íoslódáil.
Contact details for local Bus Éireann School Transport Offices
|Westmeath, Longford, Offaly,
|Athlone School Transport Office
Southern Station Road
|Mayo||Ballina School Transport Office
Kevin Barry Street,
|Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wicklow||Dublin School Transport Office
|Louth, Monaghan, Cavan||Dundalk School Transport Office
|Cork||Cork School Transport Office
|Clare, Limerick Tipperary (North)||Limerick School Transport Office
|Galway||Galway School Transport Office
|Sligo, Leitrim||Sligo School Transport Office
Lord Edward Street,
|Donegal||Stranorlar School Transport Office
|Waterford, Tipperary (South), Carlow,
|Waterford School Transport Office
|Kerry||Tralee School Transport Office
Alternatively, if you have a query with School Transport Online Transactions, please can you email email@example.com with your Family ID Number which can be found on your invoice.
In the interests of safety please remind your children to wear Safety Belts at all times when travelling by car or school bus.
School Bus Safety Video - Irish Version
School Bus Safety Video - English Version