With Expressway and Bus Éireann, getting your student travel discount is a doss.
Now that our €10 code for September and October has expired, you may now redeem €5 off a Student Single Ticket for travel between Nov 1st and 30th. Just enter the code STUDENT51 to get your €5 off.
Finally, to avail of the last €5 off, enter the promocode STUDENT52 when buying any Student Single ticket departing between 1st and 13th December – simples! So, whether you’re heading to lectures, home for a few days, or taking a weekend trip with your mates, with Expressway and Bus Éireann, it’s your journey now.
Please note, promocodes are restricted to ONE use per customer.
Save up to 20% with Student Fares & Join béClub to redeem great rewards
Every day thousands of third level students get to and from College on Ireland’s largest national bus and coach network
Q. Why travel Bus Éireann?
- Students save up to 20% off normal Adult Fares
- Free Wi-Fi on over 190 buses and coaches
- Dedicated Student Services to various colleges and for one-off student events across the country
- Huge range of city, town-to-town and inter-city services
- Greatest choice of departure and arrival times
- Travel in comfort and convenience on Expressway servicing over 30 routes linking every major town and city in the country
Q. How do I buy a ticket?
Buy your bus ticket online here or you can also purchase tickets in-station or in participating SU offices/shops.
Q. What type of tickets can I buy?
Special Student Fares are available for all qualifying students on all our main services for:
- Standard return (Valid for one month from departure date)
Student Weekly and Monthly Commuter tickets are available on Provincial City Services.
Q. Can I get FREE student things?
Yes! When you join béClub you get 10 points for every €1 spent online which can be redeemed against your Bus Éireann bus ticket, or to enter our great competitions. Join béClub now.
Q. What Student IDs does Bus Éireann accept?
Second Level Students
- Student Travelcard for Teens issued by Student Travelcard for all full time Second level Students
- iConnect Card issued by USIT for Second Level Students aged 12+
- Translink Student Card issued in Northern Ireland to full time Second Level students aged 16+
- Bus Éireann Student Identification Card for Second Level students aged 16+
Third Level Students
- Student ID cards as issued by any of these recognised third-level colleges in the Republic
- ‘Student Travelcard' issued by Student Travelcard for full time Third Level Students
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC) issued by USIT for full time Third Level Students
- Translink Student Card issued in Northern Ireland to full time Third Level Students
- USI Plus Card as issued by Campus.ie or at Student Union Offices nationally.
Tickets issued at student fares are only valid for travel with a valid student ID card bearing a photograph of the holder
Student Fare Tickets can be bought in most College Student Union shops and offices in the country
Our staff attend Student Days & Events on campuses across the country or you can email our Customer Care department.
Keep an eye out for regular Bus Éireann student promotions for extra savings.