M3 Corridor Service Improvements: Dunshaughlin
As part of an overall enhancement of services along the M3 Corridor Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority are pleased to announce the introduction of an enhanced bus service for our customers in Dunshaughlin and its environs. The amended services will be introduced on Sunday, 17 September 2017.
This service improvement will see the current Route 109: Cavan – Virginia – Kells – Navan – Dunshaughlin – Dublin split into 3 separate routes, which will individually focus on certain sections of the corridor to provide an enhanced service including higher frequency, longer operating hours and quicker journey times to our customers. These changes complement the improvements introduced on Route 109a: Kells – Navan – Dunshaughlin – Ratoath – Ashbourne – Dublin Airport – DCU – City Centre during late 2016 and will deliver a 24/7 bus service from Navan to/from the city centre.
How does these changes affect Dunshaughlin?
From 17 September 2017 the main service’s linking Dunshaughlin to Dublin City Centre will be Route 109 and 109b. Combined these routes will provide a service every 30mins to Dublin City Centre with additional services in the AM & PM peak. Route 109a will remain unchanged and combined these routes will provide public transport services 24/7 along the corridor.
This service will follow the routing of the current Route 109 and will provide an hourly service linking Kells to the City Centre via the R147 via Clonee, Blanchardstown & the Navan Rd terminating at Busaras. Additional services will operate in the morning & evening peak with some of these services extended to UCD.
This route will continue to operate its current timetable.
This route will continue to operate its current timetable and provide an hourly service 24/7.
Connections to Navan & Kells
Combined Route 109 & 109a services will provide linkages between Dunshaughlin and Navan 24/7 with a service every 30 mins during the day and hourly throughout the night. Customers can travel on Route 109 & 109a services to Kells and interchange onto the hourly 109x service to Cavan.
Detailed timetables are available at www.buseireann.ie/M3
Services to the Mater Hospital
As part of this service change Route 109 & 109b will provide enhanced linkages to the Mater Hospital. However the location of stops for certain services may change:
- Route 109 – This service will continue to serve the stops at Berkley Rd & North Circular Rd.
- Route 109b – This service will continue to serve the stops at Berkley Rd & North Circular Rd.
Services to Third Level Colleges in Dublin City
Routes 109, 109a & 109b will provide close connectivity to numerous third level colleges including the following:
- Dublin City University – Route 109a operates directly to the university from Kells, Navan & Dunshaughlin. Customers from Cavan & Virginia can interchange onto this route in Kells.
- Blanchardstown Institute of Technology – Route 109 & 109b all serve the Blanchardstown Slip Rd stop which is a short walk from the college.
- Trinity College – Route 109 & 109b stops at Busaras a short walk to the University
- University College Dublin – Certain Route 109 & 109x peak hour services operate direct to the campus
- Dublin Institute of Technology – Route 109 & 109b stops at Berkley Rd a short walk to both the Bolton St & Grangegorman Campuses and also stop at O’Connell St close to the Cathal Brugha Street Campus
- All our city centre stops are located close to Dublin Bus & Luas stops to facilitate interchange on these services to travel to other third level institutions
Leapcard is available on all services and offers best value to our customers, a Green Zone 7 Day Ticket offers unlimited travel on all services from Dunshaughlin to the City Centre for 7 consecutive for only €48.50 including the late night Route 109a service. All Leapcard tickets can be bought in any Payzone Leap Agent.
Taxsaver Monthly & Annual Tickets provide the best value for regular customers and details are available at www.taxsaver.ie
If you have any feedback in relation to the revised service offering please forward your comments to email@example.com
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers for their continued support of the public transport network in Dunshaughlin and we look forward to welcoming you on board our improved services in the near future.
The service enhancements on Route’s 109, 109X & NX will be introduced on Sunday, 17 September 2017 and have been approved by the National Transport Authority.
Monday, 4 September, 2017