Bus Ã‰ireann Offers Students Wide Range of Early Morning Services to UCC and CIT
Bus Éireann is reminding students attending UCC and CIT of its wide range of early services to the third-level institutions from across county Cork.
Bus Éireann is operating early morning services direct to UCC and CIT from Knockraha, Charleville, Youghal, Whitgate, Kinsale, Midleton and Camden. Bus Éireann also operates services to the city centre from Fermoy and Newmarket and Mitchelstown from where customers can make onward connections to UCC and CIT. Students booking their tickets on-line at www.buseireann.ie receive a 5 per cent discount.
Bus Éireann has a range of great value ticket options available for students. These include weekly and monthly commuter tickets from just €15.50, as well as the Cork City Day saver which enables unlimited travel on all city routes on day of purchase for just €4.40. There are also special combined bus and rail tickets for customers using Midleton and Cobh rail services.
There are special Shuttle services from UCC & CIT to Cork bus station (Friday only). The non-stop service to the bus station is approx a 25 minute journey.
The shuttle bus fare is included if a customer has a valid Expressway ticket. A Bus Éireann Inspector will be present to assist customers.
Shuttle Bus departs from: C.I.T. (No. 5 bus stop @ 1210, 1310, 1410, 1510) U.C.C. (Gaol cross @ 1220, 1320, 1420, 1520)
Tickets can be purchased from Bus Éireann Travel Centre, Parnell Place, and Student Union Centres in UCC and CIT.
Students can visit Bus Eireann’s Twitter site and Facebook page for details on further special offers for students.
Bus Éireann early morning services direct or with connections to UCC and CIT include:
- Knockraha: Dep. 07.50, Riverstown 08.00, Parnell Place 08.40. No. 5/8 to UCC/CIT
- Charleville: Dep. 07.25, Buttevant 07.35, Mallow 07.50, Parnell Place 08.40 No. 5/8 to U.C.C./C.I.T
- Youghal: Dep.07.10 serving Killeagh, Castlemartyr, Patrick St. Extended to C.I.T.
- Whitegate: Dep. 07.10, Cloyne 07.25, Midleton 07.40, Carrigtwohill 07.50, Parnell Place 08.10. Extended to U.C.C/C.I.T
- Kinsale: Dep. 07.30, Belgooly 07.42, Riverstick 07.48, Farmers X 08.04, Cork Airport 08.06, Grand Parade 08.30. Extended to CIT via Washington Street.
- Midleton: Dep. 07.40, Carrigtwohill 07.50 Parnell Place. Extended to UCC/CIT
- Camden: Dep. 07.30, Crosshaven 07.35, Carrigaline 07.50 via link Road to CIT
- Newmarket: dep. 07.10, Kanturk 07.20, Ballymacquirk X 07.25, Mallow Town Park 07.45, Parnell Place 08.40. No. 5/8 to UCC/CIT
- Fermoy: Dep. 07.00, Rathcormac 7.10, Watergrasshill 7.25. No. 5/8 to UCC/CIT
- Mitchelstown: Dep. 07.10, Rathcormac 7.40, Watergrasshil 7.55, Sallybrook. No. 5/8 to UCC/CIT
Tuesday, 4th October, 2011