Bus Ã‰ireann revised timetable for Cork routes 245 and 221 now operating
As part of an ongoing review of public transport services in Cork undertaken by the National transport Authority, Bus Éireann introduced a revised timetable on Route 245 and Route 221 from Sunday, 25 May 2014.
The revised Route 245 now operates with the following enhancements:
• Improved clock face frequency of services with departures from Fermoy at 30 minutes past each hour
• Improved Saturday and Sunday services
• Additional Mitchelstown services
• Connections available from Kilworth/Glanworth & Kildorrery, Monday to Friday
This revised Route 245 service provides an enhanced service for the local community in Cork with an hourly service to/from Fermoy via Sallybrook, Watergrasshill, and Rathcormac (Monday-Saturday). With the revised timetable, departures from Fermoy will be at 30 minutes past each hour, starting from 0630 Monday to Friday, 0730 on Saturdays and 1000 on Sundays.
Similarly, services from Cork will depart at 30 minutes past each hour. This also provides improved Sunday services, which will now operate at 2-hourly intervals, and Sunday departures from Cork and Fermoy will be on the hour, from 1000.
Morning services will now depart Mitchelstown hourly at 0710, 0810 and, 0910 (Monday-Saturday), with a 0940 service start on Sunday. There are also available services to/from Fermoy/Mitchelstown on Bus Éireann Expressway Route 7 Cork to Clonmel/Kilkenny, and Route X8 Cork to Dublin/Dublin Airport.
There has also been an extension of services on the Cork City Route 221.
• An improved revised outbound route will operate ex Cork to Glyntown (Ardcarrig) via Tivoli, Glanmire, Riverstown, Hazelwood, Brooklodge and is now extended to serve Marwood & Glyntown. This service will run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday, with an hourly service on Sundays.
• An improved revised inbound route will operate ex Glyntown (Ardcarrig) to Cork via East Cliff Road, Brooklodge, Hazelwood, Riverstown, Glanmire and Tivoli
• Service at 0720 ex Knockraha will now depart at the earlier time of 0715
These changes to Route 245 and Route 221 came into effect on Sunday, May 25 last, and have been approved by the National Transport Authority.
Friday, 30th May, 2014