Bus Éireann, a Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2015 sponsor, announce extra event services
As tens of thousands of visitors and locals descend on Sligo for this year’s Fleadh Cheoil, Bus Éireann are providing extra services to cater for the crowds.
Extra services on the S2 route from Sligo to Strandhill and from Sligo to Rosses Point return - and on route 475 from Sligo to Collooney return - will be provided to ensure public transport is a prime option.
These extra services will operate from Thursday, 13 August 2015 to Sunday, 16 August 2015 inclusive.
The Strandhill service to Sligo will have seven additional services. The extra daily services will depart at 15.35, 16.35, and 17.35. Extra evening services include departures at 19.35, 20.35, 21.35, and 22.35. The Sligo to Strandhill service will also have seven extra services, with additional daily departures at 15.05, and 16.05, and 17.05. Additional evening services will depart at 19.05, 20.05, 21.05, and 22.05. The service includes stops at Markievicz Road, Knappagh Road, Mannionstown and Strandhill. Buses will depart from Sligo at Knappagh Road.
Extra daily return services will be provided from Rosses Point to Sligo at 15.35, 16.35 and 17.35, with evening services at 18.35, 19.35, 20.35, 21.35 and 22.35. There will be additional services from Sligo to Rosses Point at 14.50, 15.50, 16.50, and 17.50. Evening services will depart at 18.50, 19.50, 20.50, and 21.50.
Passengers travelling on the S2 route can avail of a €5 daily return fare.
Additional services on route 475 will include departures from Sligo Bus Station at 15.00, 20.00, 21.30 and 23.00. This service includes stops at Ballisodare and Collooney.
Extra services from Ireland West Airport Knock to Sligo will depart daily at 13.40, 15.50 and 17.45.
Additional buses from Sligo town to Ireland West Airport Knock will depart at 12.00, 14.00 and 16.00. These will service Ballisodare, Collooney, Ballinacarrow, Tubbercurry, Curry, and Charlestown en route.
Those based in Bundoran will be able to avail of three extra daily return services to Sligo, as well as the regular services on route 64 and 480. Bundoran East End and West End, along with Cliffoney, Grange and Drumcliffe will all be served on this route. Extra daily services from Bundoran East End (opposite Scenic View B&B) to Sligo will depart at 17.50, 20.23 and 22.58. Evening services from Sligo bus station returning to Bundoran will depart at 17.10, 19.05 and 22.15.
Full timetable details are available at www.buseireann.ie.
This year, Bus Éireann, in collaboration with the international association, Youth for Public Transport, will carry out a survey of the transport choices made by visitors to the Fleadh. Youth for Public Transport is part of UITP- the International organisation for public transport authorities and operators.
This survey will be accessible on the streets of Sligo or on a smartphone by scanning a QR code - or via an internet link- which will be displayed on posters on buses serving Sligo and in Sligo Bus Station. Participants have the chance to win an overnight stay for two including dinner, bed and breakfast in the Meyrick Hotel, Galway including complimentary Expressway Travel tickets for two (terms and conditions apply - see below).
“Bus Éireann are again delighted to be associated with the proud musical tradition that is the Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann,” said Rory Leahy, Bus Éireann Regional Manager North West.
“We are looking forward to providing transport to and from the event, and with the extra services, people can be assured that their transport needs will be met. We would encourage those attending to avail of all our additional services, and to come along and enjoy the music, atmosphere and competitions of the Fleadh.
- This competition is open to all people who submit a completed survey.
- Employees of Bus Éireann, their agents and families are excluded from participating in the competition.
- Submittal and successful validation of the survey is required in order to enter into the competition.
- A person may only submit a completed survey once.
- All survey entries must be submitted via the QR code, visiting the internet link, or by completing a hard copy and returning it to identified Y4PT/Bus Éireann representatives in Sligo.
- The prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning entry.
- All submitted surveys, which are deemed by Bus Éireann at its sole discretion not to be in eligible accordance with these terms and conditions, may be revoked and applicants will not be entered into the competition.
- All submitted surveys, which are deemed by Bus Éireann at its sole discretion not to be in eligible accordance with these terms and conditions, may be revoked and any prize claimed by such registrants will be automatically forfeited and must be returned to Bus Éireann.
- To enter the competition, entrants must submit a completed survey during the dates 10 August 2015 – 16 August 2015.
- Entries received outside of these dates will not be included in the competition. Incomplete entries and entries from third party agents or bulk entries will not be eligible for the competition. Bus Éireann will not be responsible for any entries that are not received for any reason, by the closing date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
- Bus Éireann accepts no responsibility for incomplete, corrupt or incorrect entries or for any malfunctions, errors or viruses in the software that has been designed to maintain the entrants’ details, or for any incompatibility with all, or any, hardware and/or software that entrants may use. Bus Éireann does not guarantee that the website will be available all the time or at any specific time.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions.
- Completed surveys can be submitted via the QR code or the internet link displayed on the survey poster- or by returning it to an identified Y4PT/ Bus Éireann representative in Sligo.
- One winner will be issued.
- The prize is a one night mid-week stay for two adults sharing, in the Meyrick Hotel, Galway, to include breakfast and one evening meal- including return Expressway travel tickets to Galway City from any of Bus Éireann departure points within the Republic of Ireland. Not valid during August, the Christmas Period or Bank Holidays. Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply on selected dates. Valid until 11 September 2016. Lost vouchers cannot be replaced. Vouchers are non-transferrable & non-refundable
- The prize will not be valid for the whole month of August or over the Christmas Period.
- The prize must be taken as offered and there is no cash or other alternative to the prize. Should the selected winner be unable or unwilling to fulfil these criteria, he or she will forfeit the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The prize may change at any time and is subject to availability.
- Any further expenses incurred by the winner and their guest with regard to travel, and in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- Bus Éireann reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter or substitute the prize with any items of equal or greater value for any reason and without prior notification.
- Bus Éireann does not take responsibility for any delays or difficulties experienced in the redemption of this prize.
- In the case of any difficulties in using the Bus Éireann Expressway tickets, the prize winner should contact Bus Éireann Customer Care directly.
- All standard Bus Éireann Terms and Conditions apply.
- In the case of any difficulties in using the Hotel Meyrick, Eyre Square Galway voucher participants should contact the Hotel Meyrick, Eyre Square Galway directly.
- All standard Hotel Meyrick, Eyre Square Galway Terms and Conditions apply.
- 1 winner per competition will be chosen by random selection from all valid entries within 15 working days of closing date of competition and will be notified directly by email or phone within 15 days of selection.
- Prizewinners will be notified via their phone number or email address, and must confirm receipt of notification within 6 working days. Failure to confirm will result in disqualification and another prizewinner being selected. Please ensure your contact details submitted on the survey are correct.
- The winner’s full name and county may be published on various sources at the discretion of Bus Éireann. Winners may be required to supply a photograph for publication and/or take part in further reasonable promotional activities.
- Prizewinners will receive their prizes within 14 working days of winner being announced.
- Bus Éireann will not enter into any correspondence.
- By submitting a survey and entering the competition, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules and by all decisions of Bus Éireann.
- General Bus Éireann competition terms & conditions apply.
- Bus Éireann reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.
- Bus Éireann reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this competition in the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
- The competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- Any disclaimer of liability by Bus Éireann under these Terms and Conditions is enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Each of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is severable and if any such provision is held by any court or other competent authority to be illegal, void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected or impaired.
- The promoters of this competition are: Bus Éireann, Broadstone, Dublin 7. No 119570
Friday, 7th August, 2015