Route 202: Apple Campus – Hollyhill – City Centre – Mahon Point Shopping Centre
Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority, introduced service changes to Route 202 during the summer, to improve service delivery and provide a new streamlined improved service to customers.
These service changes were welcomed by numerous commuters and positive feedback was received regarding these changes. The main features of this improved service were:
- Monday to Friday services increased to every 10 minutes – six buses per hour
- Saturday services increased to every 20 minutes
- Sunday & Public Holiday service increased to every 20 minutes
- Four additional buses added to route
- Fourteen additional drivers recruited
- A number of weekday services now serve the Monahan Road Business Park
- Extra services to St. Luke’s Home Mahon
- Extension to Mahon Point Shopping Centre at St. Michael’s Drive
- A revised peak hour routing between the City Centre & the Apple Campus
- All services now operate in both directions on Ringmahon Road
Following feedback from customers / public representatives, and subsequent meeting with Community Groups from Mahon / Skehard Road, Bus Eireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority will introduce the following changes to Route 202 in the Mahon Area Only (no change to rest of route) from Monday, 24 October 2016 to ensure a better spread of bus services across the entire Mahon area.
Monday to Friday from 07.00 to 19.00
Outbound through Mahon
- Three Buses per hour via Skehard Road (serving the two bus stops that are currently not served) and then right onto Mahon Point Shopping Centre (20 minute frequency)
- Three Buses per hour via Ringmahon Road and onto Mahon Point Shopping Centre (20 minute frequency)
Inbound From Mahon Point Shopping Centre:
- Three Buses per hour turning left onto Skehard Road, serving two NEW STOPS before turning right onto Ringmahon Road – left to Convent Road/Blackrock Village to City Centre (20 minute frequency)
- Three Buses per hour via Ringmahon Road/Convent Road/Blackrock Village to City Centre (20 minute frequency)
Monday to Friday 19.00 to 23.30 and All Day Saturday / Sunday:
- All services departing the City Centre will operate via Skehard Road turning left onto Ringmahon Road / Convent Road / Blackrock Village back to City Centre.
Wednesday, 19th October, 2016