Improved Expressway Route 64, Derry - Letterkenny - Donegal - Sligo - Galway and return
We wish to advise customers of an improved Expressway Route 64, Derry-Letterkenny-Donegal-Sligo-Galway service that came into effect on Sunday, 13 November 2016.
The changes include:
- New 08.35 coach service departing Sligo to Letterkenny and Derry (Monday to Saturday)
- New 13.15 coach service departing Derry to Letterkenny and Sligo. The service will depart from Sligo at 16.00 departing for Galway and arriving into Galway city at 18.40 (Monday to Saturday)
- The existing 07.40 service from Sligo to Derry will now depart at 07.35 (Daily)
- The existing 06.35 service from Donegal town to Sligo will now depart at 06.25 (Daily)
- The 06.00 service from Galway to Sligo will operate directly from Ballinacarrow to Sligo Bus Station and will no longer serve Collooney and Ballisodare (Monday to Saturday)
Customers using the Expressway Route 64 service can avail of free Wi-Fi on board our coaches.
“Due to the popularity of our Expressway Route 64 service, we are delighted to increase the frequency of this service from Derry and Letterkenny to Galway. The travelling public benefit from the convenience of public transport by removing the need for car parking, driving in heavy traffic or the hassle of finding a car parking space. This improved service provides a new direct early morning coach service from Sligo and a new afternoon service from Derry and Letterkenny - ideal for customers living along the route who will be starting their Christmas shopping”, said Rory Leahy, Regional Manager, North-West, Bus Éireann.
Hundreds of thousands of passengers will journey through Irish airports this Christmas – to join family and friends for festive celebrations, or to jet off on winter breaks. Bus Éireann and Expressway offer daily services to and from Ireland West Airport Knock with direct connections to Galway and Sligo, where customers can also avail of the Bus Éireann integrated network.
Customers can purchase tickets in advance on our website www.expressway.ie, where they can benefit of a 5% discount or avail of our Open Road pass for €60, which allows for 3 days of unlimited travel out of six consecutive days, across our nationwide network of services.
These changes have been licenced by the National Transport Authority (NTA).
Wednesday, 16th November, 2016