Table X8, Dublin - Cashel - Fermoy - Cork, from 1 July 2012
Bus Éireann wishes to inform customers of alterations to services on Route X8, Dublin - Cashel - Fermoy - Cork effective Sunday 1 July.
Service changes involve
- Route will be designated X8 and operate to/from Dublin Airport.
- Vastly improved journey times, e.g. Cork/Dublin 3 hours 30 minutes; Cork/Dublin Airport 3 hours 50 minutes.
- Route X8 is a limited stop service. Customers from Johnstown, Durrow and Abbeyleix please note that a shuttle service will operate between Johnstown and Portlaoise 6 times daily for a period of 6 weeks from 1 July to 11 August inclusive providing connections to/from a range of Bus Éireann services at Portlaoise.
- Daily shuttle service departures from Johnstown at 0840, 1040, 1240, 1440, 1625 and 1840, operating via Durrow and Abbeyleix, will connect with Route 12 Expressway services Limerick/Dublin at Portlaoise.
- Daily Expressway departures route X8 from Dublin Airport to Cork at 0730, 0930, 1130, 1330, 1530 and 1730 (from Dublin, Busáras at 0800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600 and 1800) will connect with daily shuttle services to Abbeyleix and Durrow departing Portlaoise at 0920, 1120, 1320, 1520, 1720 and 1920.
Wednesday, 20th June, 2012