Revised Timetable for Route 40, Tralee-Cork-Waterford-Rosslare sees addition of University of College Cork and University Hospital Stops
Bus Éireann would like to advise customers that on and from Sunday, 3 March 2013, a revised timetable will be introduced on the Route 40, Tralee-Cork-Waterford-Rosslare service.
All Route 40 services from Tralee to Cork will continue to serve Marymont Hospice, Cork University Hospital and University College Cork (Gaol Cross). Departures from Cork to Tralee will also now pick up at University College Cork (Gaol Cross) and Cork University Hospital as they depart Cork City.
The Route 40 serves major towns on the route including Waterford, Kilmacthomas, Dungarvan, Youghal, Midleton, Cork, Macroom, Ballymakeera, Ballyvourney, Glenflesk Church, Killarney, Farranfore, Kerry Airport and Tralee, but will no longer serve Millstreet. Customers who wish to travel to/from Millstreet will be able to travel to Killarney/Macroom on the Route 257, Macroom – Millstreet – Killarney (effective 3 Marrch 2013) which operates Monday to Friday only - onward connections to Cork are available from Macroom on Route 40 or Route 233, Cork - Macroom (effective 3 Marrch 2013).
Bus Éireann Expressway services are commercial services that receive no State funding and, as such, must be commercially viable in order to ensure their survival and protect jobs associated with them.
The revised timetable includes the following changes to meet customer demand:
Monday to Saturday Timetable:
- 09.30 & 18.30 Cork to Tralee service will no longer operate
- 10.30 Departure from Cork to Tralee will depart at the earlier time of 10.00
- 19.30 Departure from Cork to Tralee will depart at the earlier time of 19.00
- 14.50 & 18.50 Tralee to Cork service will no longer operate
- 08.40 & 11.40 Cork to Waterford service will no longer operate
- 08.00 & 12.00 Waterford to Cork service will no longer operate
- The 19.40 service from Cork to Waterford will operate during College terms only
- The 16.00 service from Waterford to Cork will operate during College terms only
- The 08.30 Cork to Tralee service and 11.50 Tralee to Cork service will operate, June to August only
- 13.50 Tralee to Cork service and 17.50 Tralee to Cork via Millstreet will no longer operate
- 13.30 Cork to Tralee service via Millstreet and 19.30 Cork to Tralee service will no longer operate
- 18.30 Cork to Tralee service will depart at 19.00
Customers travelling from Cork to Dublin should be aware of the non-stop GoBé coach service from Cork to Dublin City/Dublin Airport with a journey time of just 3 hours; onboard toilets and free Wi-Fi are available on this service.
Commuters should also be aware that they can save up to 52% on the cost of point to point annual/yearly and monthly Bus Éireann tickets with the Taxsaver Commuter Ticket. Details are available at www.taxsaver.ie
Thursday, 21st February, 2013