Route 220/220A: Ballincollig â€“ City Centre â€“ Carragaline â€“ Crosshaven - Fountainstown
As part of an ongoing review of public transport services in Cork City and County undertaken by the National Transport Authority, Bus Éireann will introduce a revised combined Route 220/220A: Ballincollig – City Centre – Carragaline – Crosshaven – Fountainstown which will commence on Sunday, 31 August 2014.
This revised bus timetable has been designed to combine the operations of the following routes:
- Route 222: Cork – Carragaline – Crosshaven - Fountainstown
- Route 232: Ballincollig – Cork City
Enhancements to the bus timetable include:
- Direct services from Ballincollig to Carragaline via Cork City Centre
- Improved frequency of services – 30 min weekday service
- Earlier and later departures to/from Cork City
- Increased weekend frequency
- Standard routing for all services
- Increased level of service to Crosshaven and Fountainstown
- Direct linkages from Carragaline to CIT and UCC
The change to Route 220/220A has been approved by the National Transport Authority and will come into effect on Sunday, 31 August 2014.
Routes 222 & 232 will no longer operate from this date and are replaced by Route 220/220A.
These changes will also affect Route 233: Macroom – Ballincollig - Cork
Monday, 18th August, 2014