Sligo Town Service Announcement - Updated - expired
As part of an ongoing review of public transport services in Sligo City and County undertaken by the National Transport Authority, Bus Éireann will introduce a revised network of routes as follows:
- S1: Cartron – Sligo IT – Town Centre – Caltragh Road
- S2: Strandhill – Bus/Rail Station – Town Centre – Sligo IT – Rosses Point
These changes will be introduced on Sunday, 5 October 2014.
This revised Sligo bus network has been designed to combine the operations of the following routes:
- Route 472: Strandhill – Sligo
- Route 473: Rosses Point – Sligo
- Route 478: Sligo Central Service
- Route 478A: Sligo Western Service
Enhancements to the bus network include:
- Direct services from Strandhill to Rosses Point via Sligo Town Centre
- Improved frequency of services – 30 min weekday service
- Later services on Route S2
- Improved Saturday Timetable
- Improved Sunday Timetable
- New S1 Sunday Timetable
- Standard routing for all services
- New stops at Sligo IT
- New Route Numbers
- New Fares Offering
The change to Route S1 & S2 has been approved by the National Transport Authority and will come into effect on Sunday, 5 October 2014.
Routes 472, 473, 478 & 478A will no longer operate from this date and are replaced by Routes S1 & S2.
Wednesday, 24th September, 2014