Route 215 - Customer Notice
Blarney – City Centre – Mahon Point Corridor
In late 2012 Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority carried out a review of public transport services along the Blarney – City Centre – Mahon Point Corridor . As a result, Route 215: Blarney – City Centre – Mahon Point was introduced in January 2013. Following a significant increase in customer usage, Bus Éireann is doubling the frequency of services between the City Centre and Mahon Point.
The following service enhancements will be introduced from Sunday 28th February 2016.
The main features of the revised service offering are as follows:
- The level of service between the City Centre and Mahon Point will be doubled to a bus every 15 minutes between 06:30hrs to 18:30hrs Monday to Friday only;
- The additional services will operate from South Mall to Mahon Point via Boreenmanna Road to Mahon Point. These services will operate as Route 215A;
- The current service will continue to operate as Route 215 via Ballinlough Road to Mahon Point;
- An additional early morning service from the City Centre to Mahon Point via Ballinlough Road
- Monday to Friday – 06:30hrs from South Mall
- Saturday – 06:35hrs from South Mall
- The following new stops on Boreenmanna Road will be served on Route 215A
- Ashton School
- Pairc Ui Rinn
- There will be some minor changes to the departure times of services from Cloghroe on Saturday.
These changes have been designed to further improve the reliability and level of service provided to our customers and to further grow public transport usage in Cork City.
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers for their continued support of public transport services in Cork City and we look forward to welcoming them on board our services in the near future.
Thursday, 18th February, 2016