County Mayo Network Changes - March 2016
County Mayo Network Changes - March 2016
During 2014 the National Transport Authority undertook a public consultation process in County Mayo to ascertain the views of people in the county on their public transport service. A significant amount of feedback was received from individuals, representative groups, local authorities, educational institutions and employers in relation to the current network of services.
Bus Éireann and the National Transport Authority have reviewed that feedback and are now pleased to announce the following bus service improvements in County Mayo which will be introduced on the 13th March 2016.
Route 458: Ballina – Enniscrone – Sligo – Manorhamilton - Enniskillen
The current Route 458: Ballina – Enniscrone – Sligo & Route 66: Sligo – Manorhamilton – Enniskillen will be combined to provide a single Route 458: Ballina – Enniscrone – Sligo – Manorhamilton – Enniskillen. This route will provide an enhanced service linking the main towns of Ballina, Sligo and Enniskillen, along with the villages and towns along the route.
The main features of the enhanced service are as follows:
- Improved weekday timetable
- Additional services between Ballina & Sligo
- A new 08:50am arrival in Sligo to better serve educational, health & work purposes
- A better spread of services throughout the day to better meet customer needs
- Increased Saturday & Sunday frequency
- A better spread of services throughout the day better meeting the different needs of our customers at weekends for shopping and leisure trips
- A direct service from Ballina to Enniskillen seven days a week
- Improved connections to the wider public transport network at Sligo Bus/Rail Station
- Improved connections to the Translink network of services at Enniskillen Bus Station
The timetable for the revised Route 458 is available here.
Other Route Changes
As part of the above service revision a number of other minor changes will occur on the following routes in County Mayo:
Route 432: Galway – Cong
- The journeys currently operated as Route 432 will remain, now operating as Route 456 journeys.
Route 440: Galway – IWAK
- The current 12:15hrs (Monday – Saturday) service from Westport to IWAK will now depart at 12:05hrs arriving in IWAK at the earlier time of 13:15hrs.
- The current 14:45hrs (Monday to Saturday) service from IWAK to Westport will now depart at 15:00hrs arriving in Westport at the later time of 16:05hrs.
Route 446: Ballina – Blacksod
- The current 08:20hrs (Monday – Friday) service from Blacksod to Ballina will now depart at 08:05hrs arriving in Ballina at the earlier time of 09:50hrs.
- The current 08:20hrs (Saturday Only) service from Blacksod to Ballina will now depart at 08:05hrs arriving in Ballina at the earlier time of 10:00hrs.
- The current 18:10hrs (Monday – Friday) service from Ballina to Blacksod will now depart at 18:20hrs arriving in Blacksod at the earlier time of 19:58hrs.
- The current 18:10hrs (Saturday Only) service from Ballina to Blacksod will now depart at 18:20hrs arriving in Blacksod at the earlier time of 20:13hrs.
- The current 13:00hrs (Sunday Only) service from Ballina to Aughleam will now operate to Blacksod and will depart from Blacksod to Ballina at 15:15hrs
The timetable for the revised Route 446 is available here.
Route 450: Westport – Louisburgh - Kiladoon
- The 16:00hrs service from Westport to Louisburgh will now depart at 16:10hrs and operate ten minutes later throughout its journey
The timetable for the revised Route 450 is available here.
Route 456: Galway – Ballinrobe – Westport – Castlebar – Ballina
This route will continue to be operated as currently, with the following minor adjustments to individual departures to better co-ordinate with the revised Route 458 as outlined above:
- The current Route 66 08:50hrs departure from Westport to Ballina will now operate as a Route 456 journey.
- The current 08:05hrs journey ex Galway will now operate via Westport everyday
- The current 13:45hrs journey ex Galway will now depart at 13:00hrs
- The current 16:00hrs journey ex Westport will now depart at 16:40hrs and operate to Ballina
- A new 10:10hrs journey from Ballina to Westport will be introduced
- The current 14:30hrs journey from Ballina to Castlebar will now depart at 14:40hrs and operate to Westport
- Revised journey times have been introduced on certain journeys to better reflect actual travel times.
The timetable for the revised Route 456 is available here.
Route 462: Sligo – Dromahair – Ballinamore – Carrigallen
- The 16:10hrs service from Sligo to Dromahair will now depart at 16:05hrs and operate 5 minutes earlier throughout its journey.
The timetable for the revised Route 462 is available here.
Route 442: Charlestown - Castlebar - Carnacon - Roundfort
- Route 442, which operates only on Tuesdays, now serves Roundfort, Hollymount, Moorehall, Carnacon, Ballyglass and Belcarra while continuing it’s normal route between Castlebar and Charlestown.
The timetable for the revised Route 442 is available here.
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers for their continued support of public transport in County Mayo. We look forward to welcoming you on board our improved services again soon.
If you have any feedback or suggestions in relation to the above please forward to email@example.com
Tuesday, 1st March, 2016