Service Changes in Cork (Revised Introduction Date)
Ballincollig - City Centre - Carrigaline - Crosshaven Corridor (Now scheduled for introduction on Sunday 10th April 2016)
In early 2014 Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority carried out a review of public transport services along the Balllincollig – City Centre – Carrigaline - Crosshaven Corridor. As a result, Route 220: Ballincollig – City Centre – Carrigaline – Crosshaven was introduced on the 31st August 2014. Following a significant increase in customer usage, Bus Éireann is now increasing the frequency of services between Ballincollig & Carrigaline via the City Centre by over 33%.
The main features of our revised service offering, valid from 10th April 2016, are as follows:
- The level of service between the City Centre and Ballincollig / Carrigaline will be increased to 3 buses an hour between 06:30hrs to 18:30hrs Monday to Saturday.
- The new Route 220X services will operate from Crosshaven & Fountainstown via Carrigaline, N28, City Centre, Carrigrohane Road and Ballincollig Village to EMC / Grange Manor, Ovens.
- Route 220X will not serve Douglas Village or Model Farm Rd – (Route 220X passengers for Douglas must change from 220X to 220 at Carrigaline)
- Route 220 will operate from Carrigaline via Douglas Village & City Centre to Ballincollig / EMC Monday to Saturday (not serving Crosshaven / Fountainstown).
- However, Route 220 will continue to serve Crosshaven / Fountainstown on Sundays.
- Time Tables can be viewed here: 220 and 220X
These changes have been approved by the National Transport Authority.
These changes have been designed to further improve the reliability and level of service provided to our customers and to further grow public transport usage in Cork City.
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers for their continued support of public transport services in Cork City. We look forward to welcoming you on board our improved services in the near future.
If you have any feedback or suggestions in relation to the above please forward your comments to email@example.com
Thursday, 31st March, 2016