M3 Corridor Proposals - Customer Update
Following a full review of services on the M3 Corridor including the initial public consultation carried out in early 2015, a detailed summary of proposed service enhancements (approved in principle by the National Transport Authority) was made available on our website for feedback/comment from our customers and the general public.
We would firstly like to thank our customers for the feedback received, which has now been fully reviewed by Bus Éireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority. Based on this review process the following adjustments will be made to the already published proposals:
- All services will operate to the southside of the city centre (Monday to Sunday)
- The southside terminus for this route will be Wilton Terrace with additional stops at Merrion Square & Westland Row (Pearse Station)
- A new stop will be provided before the bridge at the Ardboyne Hotel to facilitate customers at this location
Athboy/Trim – Dublin Corridor
- Services between Athboy/Trim to Dublin will remain numbered as Route 111 and will operate as per the current routing via Batterstown & the M3 (This service will not operate via Clonee)
- Two Weekday Route 111X services will link Clonmellon, Delvin & Athboy (07.00 & 07.30) to Wilton Terrace via the M3 Motorway. Two return services will depart from Wilton Terrace in the evening peak.
- The proposed routing linking Kilmessan/Dunsany to Dublin will now operate via Killeen Rd & Dunshaughlin and will be numbered 109B. This service will follow the Route 109 routing from Dunshaughlin.
- Two peak hour services will link Trim to the south city centre with one service extended to UCD Belfield
- The weekday 109X service which departs Cavan at 04.45 and Kells at 05.45 will operate via the old N3 between Kells and Navan and will operate inbound to the city centre via the Navan Rd and serve the Mater Hospital (Berkley Rd Stop)
- An additional weekday late afternoon departure will start at the Mater Hospital and operate all stops to Virginia.
- An additional evening service will operate to Virginia via Navan, serving current Mater Hospital stop
- All Route 109, 109B and 111 services will serve the current Mater Hospital Stops
- Routes 109X, 111X and XN services will continue to serve the stops on Phibsboro Rd and Dorset St.
- Two additional service’s linking Trim/Dunshaughlin/Navan directly to Dublin City University will be introduced on 12 September 2016 and will operate throughout the college year.
- A service will continue to depart Virginia at 06.25 and extend to UCD Belfield
- An additional evening service at 17.35 will operate to Virginia via Navan and the Mater Hospital
- Three peak services will link Kells directly to the south city centre with two of these services extending to UCD Belfield
Thank you for your feedback to date and if you would like to comment further on the above please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, 6th September, 2016