New Route 225 between Cork Airport & Haulbowline and Enhanced Route 216
Bus Éireann, in conjunction with the National Transport Authority are pleased to announce the introduction of a new bus service Route 225 linking Haulbowline – Ringaskiddy – Carrigaline and Cork Airport. The new service will operate each day from 0400 until 0030, with the main benefits of the new service including:
- Brand new route offering a high frequency service to and from Cork Airport
- Services operating every 30 minutes throughout the day
- Increased connectivity between Carrigaline and Ringaskiddy
- Ballygarvan added to the Public Transport Network
- Low entry, fully accessible vehicles
Bus Éireann, also in conjunction with the National Transport Authority, are pleased to also announce an enhanced bus service for our customers on Route 216: Cork University Hospital – City Centre – Mount Oval. This enhanced network will see:
- Extension of Route 216 to Passage West and Monkstown
- Combined with Route 223 will provide three services per hour to / from Cork city
- Extended hours of operation
Fares – Best value fares are available using your Leapcard. Save up to 30% on the price of a single ticket or use a zonal product for best value multi-journey fares.
If you have any feedback in relation to the revised service offering, please forward your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers in Cork for their continued support of the public transport services on this corridor and we look forward to welcoming you on board our improved services in the near future.
The Route 225 and the service enhancements on Route 216 will be introduced on Sunday, 3 November 2019 and have been approved by the National Transport Authority (NTA).
Friday, 25th October, 2019