Bus Éireann achieves 91% overall Customer Satisfaction score nationwide
Bus Éireann, Ireland’s national bus company, has achieved all-time high Customer Satisfaction results for 2022/23. The results, gathered in an independently measured survey of Bus Éireann customers nationwide reveal a 91% overall Customer Satisfaction rate for 12 consecutive months for the first time in the company’s history.
The independent external audit measured customer satisfaction across a wide range of metrics including; punctuality, safety and customer service. The survey, interviewing over 1,200 passengers, revealed scores of well over 90% for passengers feeling safe on board services, representing value for money and providing friendly and helpful drivers.
“Passengers are at the heart of everything we do in Bus Éireann and our goal is to become the most customer-centred and greenest transport company in Ireland,” said Michelle Peacocke, Bus Éireann Head of Customer Experience. “Achieving an overall Customer Satisfaction score of 91% is a testament to our Bus Éireann colleagues, who live our values of customer first, delivering performance, ensuring safety, being forward-thinking and fostering a culture of respect and collaboration each and every day.”
“Bus Éireann achieved 89.5 million passenger journeys last year, covering over 225 million passenger kilometres, representing the largest public transport network in the country. There are more people than ever using our services, passenger numbers nationally are 15% higher than they were in 2019, and we look forward to continuing to focus on exceptional customer service for all our Bus Éireann passengers into the future”.
Bus Éireann was also the proud winner of the Customer Focus Achievement Award at The Irish Logistics and Transport Awards this year. The award highlighted Bus Éireann’s excellence in Customer Service including the introduction of special initiatives throughout the year such as Customer Appreciation Day, where employees from various departments travelled to nine stations nationwide to meet and greet customers, help with information, hear feedback first-hand and understand customer expectations.
Other recent initiatives included the establishment of a Travel Information Team who are responsible for the upgrade, maintenance, planning and locational surveys of all the 5,000 Bus Éireann stops around Ireland as well as The Travel Assistance Scheme which Bus Éireann launched in 2022 in conjunction with TFI in Cork to provide people with additional needs the confidence to use public transport independently.
To ensure you’re a satisfied customer this summer travelling with Bus Éireann, here are some handy travel tips for planning your journey with us:
- We encourage our customers to use Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) on the TFI Live app when planning their journeys for the most up-to-date information, ensuring customers don’t have to wait at bus stops any longer than necessary.
- Bus Éireann accepts cash, Leap cards and the TFI Go App as forms of payment on all public service obligation services, while our Expressway intercity services also accepts debit/credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Leap Cards.
- We encourage all intending Expressway passengers to book online at expressway.ie to benefit from a guaranteed seat and a 5% discount.
- While cash is still accepted by Bus Éireann, multiple customers tendering large notes can make it difficult for a driver, especially on a long route, to maintain sufficient change. The time it can take to break the note and find change causes delays to the service and all other customers.
- The TFI Go app allows you to buy tickets directly from your phone, your ticket is downloaded to the app and can be used to travel straight away. There is no need for printing, just activate before each journey and show your driver while boarding.
- When using a TFI Leap Card on Bus Éireann PSO services, customers can get a 30% discount on single adult fares. For more information on TFI Leap fares and how to apply for a Student or Young Adult Leap Card visit www.leapcard.ie
Bus Éireann employs almost 2,800 people, across 17 locations. The company operates 1,100 vehicles serving 5,000 bus stops around the country. According to a KPMG report commissioned by Bus Éireann, the company contributes almost €270 million total value added to the Irish economy annually, supporting up to 8,800 jobs directly and indirectly.
Thursday, 22nd June, 2023