CIÉ Protected Disclosures - Policy & Procedure
In compliance with Section 21(1) of the Protected Disclosures Act 2014, Bus Éireann, as part of the CIE Group of companies, must establish and publish internal procedures to allow any employee of the company make a protected disclosures under the Protected Disclosures Act 2014
The Protected Disclosures Act aims to protect public body employees who raise concerns of wrongdoings in the workplace relating to:
- If an offence has been committed or is likely to be committed
- That a failure to comply with a legal obligation is taking place
- That a miscarriage of justice has occurred or is likely to occur
- That the health or safety of an individual is endangered or likely to be endangered
- That damage to the environment has occurred or is likely to occur through work practices
- That an unlawful or improper use of funds or resources has occurred or is likely to occur
- That an act or omission by a public body is oppressive, discriminatory, grossly negligent or constitutes gross mismanagement
- That information tending to prove any of the above is being or likely to be concealed or destroyed
This policy will be monitored and will updated in line with guidelines issued by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and changes in relevant legislation.
CIÉ Protected Disclosures Policy and Procedure June 2021
TUARASCÁIL BHLIANTÚIL Ó BHUS ÉIREANN MAIDIR LE NOCHTADH COSANTA DON BHLIAIN 2021
DE RÉIR AN ACHTA UM NOCHTADH COSANTA, 2014
Le halt 22 den Acht um Nochtadh Cosanta, 2014, ceanglaítear ar chomhlachtaí poiblí tuarascáil bhliantúil a ullmhú agus a fhoilsiú tráth nach déanaí ná an 30 Meitheamh gach bliain i ndáil leis an mbliain díreach roimhe, ar tuarascáil í ina leagtar amach an líon nochtaí cosanta a fuarthas sa bhliain roimhe agus an gníomh a rinneadh ina leith (má rinneadh aon ghníomh). Níor cheart do dhaoine bheith in ann an tuarascáil sin a úsáid chun daoine a bhfuil nochtadh cosanta déanta acu a shainaithint.
Is í seo an tuarascáil bhliantúil ó Bhus Éireann. Cumhdaítear inti an tréimhse ón 1 Eanáir 2021 go dtí an 31 Nollaig 2021.
Chun an oibleagáid dhlíthiúil sin a chomhlíonadh, deimhníonn Bus Éireann go bhfuair sé nochtadh cosanta amháin sa bhliain 2021, rud atá á imscrúdú faoi láthair. Tá feidhm Iniúchóireachta Inmheánaí Chóras Iompair Éireann ag cabhrú le Bus Éireann i leith an imscrúdaithe sin.
22 Meitheamh 2022
PROTECTED DISCLOSURES ANNUAL REPORT OF BUS ÉIREANN 2021
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROTECTED DISCLOSURES ACT 2014
Section 22 of the Protected Disclosures Act, 2014 requires public bodies to prepare and publish an annual report not later than 30th June in each year in relation to the immediately preceding year setting out the number of protected disclosures received in the preceding year and the action taken (if any). This report must not result in persons making disclosures being identifiable.
This is the annual report of Bus Éireann. It covers the period 1st January 2021 to 31st December 2021.
In compliance with this legal obligation, Bus Éireann confirms that it received one protected disclosure in 2021, which is currently under investigation, and CIE Internal Audit is assisting Bus Éireann with this investigation.
22nd June 2022