School Transport: COVID-19 Safety Message
As pupils prepare to return to school, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the safety measures that are currently in place across all school transport services.
Do not use School Transport if your child is displaying symptoms
If your child is displaying symptoms, or if there is someone in the household suspected or known to have Covid-19, your child should stay at home. Please do not allow your child to present for school transport or to attend school. Please phone your doctor and follow HSE guidance on self-isolation or restricting movement.
Keep your distance:
- Ensure your child practices social distancing at the Bus Stop, while waiting for the bus.
- Pupils should disembark the bus in an orderly fashion.
Practice safe hygiene and respiratory etiquette:
- Ensure that your child (ages 13+)* wears their face covering while waiting for the bus, when on board the bus and after they leave the bus.
- All pupils should use hand sanitiser prior to or on boarding the bus.
- All pupils should observe respiratory etiquette at all times – cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and dispose of it properly, or by coughing or sneezing into their elbow while waiting for and on-board transport services.
*with the exception of children who for medical or special educational needs reasons are not in a position to wear a facemask or face covering.
Sit in your pre-assigned seat
Ensure your child sits in their pre-assigned seat. Our seat allocation system ensures that siblings will sit together, followed by pupils from the same class, same year group and same school.
More information is available from the Department of Education and can be found at www.gov.ie/en/publication/64a88-school-transport