Request your School Transport Ticket 2022/23
The Family Portal will close after midnight on Friday 29 July as planned.
We thank the more than 77,000 account holders who have confirmed their requests on time, particularly when the site experienced technical difficulties due to the level of demand in the initial days. More than 100,000 ticket requests have been received ahead of the deadline.
Requests will now be processed in line with the usual eligibility criteria. Tickets will be posted to families in the coming weeks.
If you have any queries about school transport, you can contact a dedicated customer service at 01 522 9991 between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
For anyone wishing to confirm that their request was successfully submitted, they can check by logging in to their account. They will see the screen following which states “Your ticket request has been acknowledged.”
We’d like to remind everyone that:
- People who had already made a payment or who had input their medical card details prior to the Government announcement on fees do not need to take any further action. For those who made payments a refund will be issued around the start of the school year
- Everyone who had applied before 29 April 2022 – that is those applying for school transport for the first time, changing from primary to post-primary and those who may be changing school - and who had not submitted a payment or medical card number are required to complete the request ticket process, before the closing date of Friday 29 July
- Those who had availed of school transport last year and in previous years and who would usually pay at this time of year are required to complete the ticket request process by Friday 29 July, as set out in the email sent directly to them
- Any new applications being received now will be deemed late
- All applications are being processed in line with normal eligibility criteria and as usual, registering for a ticket does not guarantee a place will be available
School transport is free for 2022/23 but all applicants must now confirm their request for tickets here
Applications for school transport closed on Friday 29 April 2022 and applications received after that date are deemed late.
People who have already made a payment do not need to take any further action and will be refunded around the start of the school year.
People who have applied but have not yet made a payment will need to log in and request their tickets on the portal.
People with medical cards do not need, and will not be able, to enter their medical card details but do need to log in and request their ticket on the portal.