Customer Notice - Galway City Network Changes
Galway City Changes
During early 2012, Bus Eireann in conjunction with the National Transport Authority carried out a review of their services in Galway City and a revised public transport network was introduced on the 4th March 2012. Customer reaction to these changes were and continue to be very positive and customer trips have grown significantly in those 4 years. During that time we also rolled out RTPI and Leapcard to Galway and deployed new high capacity double deck buses on some of our services. Customer journeys on our city network continue to grow and we are now pleased to announce the following timetable enhancements in addition to the changes already introduced on Route 409: Eyre Square – GMIT - Parkmore.
Route 404: Newcastle – Eyre Square – Oranmore
From the 15th May 2016, the current routes 404 & 410 will now be merged to provide a service linking the west and the east of the city. It will provide the following service enhancements:
- Direct services from Oranmore to NUIG and UCHG
- Direct service from the Newcastle area to GMIT, Bon Secours Hospital, Merlin Park Hospital and Galway Clinic
- Additional services after 7pm
- A new Sunday service
Click here for the new 404 timetable.
Route 405: Ballybane - Eyre Square to Rahoon
The following service improvements will be introduced from 15th May 2016:
- The route will now terminate outside the HP Building in Ballybrit Business Park providing more transport options to this growing employment zone.
- Morning and evening trip times have been revised to reflect current traffic conditions and to improve service punctuality.
- This route will no longer serve the Newcastle area on Sundays. This area will now be served by Route 404: Newcastle – Eyre Square - Oranmore
Click here for the new 405 timetable.
These changes have been approved by the National Transport Authority.
Bus Éireann would like to thank our customers for their continued support of public transport services in Galway City and we look forward to welcoming them on board our services in the near future.
Tuesday, 10th May, 2016