Changes to Expressway services between Dublin, Newry and Belfast from Sunday 15 November 2020
From Sunday 15 November 2020, all services between Dublin and Belfast will be operated exclusively by Translink. This will apply to the following routes:
- Route X1: Dublin – Dublin Airport – Newry – Banbridge – Sprucefield – Belfast
- Route X5: Dublin – Dublin Airport - Newry
Bus Éireann or Expressway vehicles will no longer operate on these routes and tickets will no longer be available for sale at www.buseireann.ie or www.expressway.ie. Customers wishing to purchase tickets for travel on these routes in the future should visit the Translink website at www.translink.co.uk. We recommended that tickets are purchased in advance to guarantee space on board.
Translink have advised that the following timetable changes will apply from Sunday 15 November 2020, based on the current timetable in service.
Route X1: Dublin to Belfast – The following services will NOT operate:
- 0715 from Dublin to Belfast
- 1645 from Belfast to Dublin
- 2015 from Dublin to Belfast
- 2045 from Belfast to Dublin
Route X5: Dublin to Newry – Services on Route X5 between Dublin and Newry will resume at the times shown below. Services are also available on Route X1 for customers travelling to and from Dublin and Newry:
- 0710 from Newry to Dublin
- 2130 from Dublin to Newry
Monday, 2nd November, 2020